Tasty Acres Colorado Signature Salad
May 18, 2020
: 8 side salads or 4 meal-sized salads. Halve the recipe for a 4-person dinner salad.
: 5 min
: 1 hr 20 min
- ⅓ cup oil
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 TBSP fresh chopped parsley
- ½ tsp hot pepper sauce
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp fresh-ground black pepper
- 4 cups Tasty Acres Signature Salad Mix, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 4 cups Tasty Acres Spinach, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup celery (2-3 stalks), thinly sliced and diced
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 11 oz can of mandarin oranges, drained
- Candied Almonds:
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 3 TBS sugar
- Heat over low heat, stirring often until coated. Let col.
- Step 1 Make the dressing first, and be sure to refrigerate at least one hour before serving.
- Step 2 Next, make the candied almonds by combining sugar and nuts in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir often until sugar melts and coats the almonds. Let cool to room temperature before cutting into smaller pieces to distribute through salad.
- Step 3 To serve, combine all the veggies, oranges and nuts in a large bowl, then toss with dressing immediately before serving.